Friday, March 16, 2012

Response: A Makeover for the Starbucks Mermaid

In this article they explain that over the years Starbucks logo has changed and how it will change in the coming years. I personally enjoy their old 1992 logo over the rest. I think the black and green go well together and it's recognizable.

I enjoy logos that will catch my eye and once I get the hang of a logo, I stick to that logo. I don't like change, but that just depends who you're. Some people like change, but myself I think sticking to an original logo is a better choice. When you see someone drinking a starbucks coffee in 2041 nobody will know that it stands for Starbucks. A green dot is simply a green dot and I find that boring / unrecognizable for Starbucks.

I also believe the logo should contain their brand name which is another reason why I prefer the 1992 logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment